menu_kep.jpg (14142 bytes)

banner_tourism.jpg (12191 bytes)
Last Update: 2002-04-09 16:12:24 

gomb_district.jpg (6071 bytes)
gomb_geographic.jpg (5854 bytes)
gomb_economic.jpg (5468 bytes)
gomb_social.jpg (4890 bytes)
gomb_tour_recreation.jpg (6086 bytes)
gomb_tourism.jpg (4093 bytes)
gomb_investment.jpg (5135 bytes)
gomb_email.jpg (3895 bytes)


Rich historical past of the area of Beregovo, the presence of ancient architectural and archeological monuments gives us the basis to consider that our area can be attractive for tourism.
There are 11 monuments of architecture of state importance, 138 – of local importance and 59 archeological monuments registered in the area.
The most of the above mentioned objects is found in Beregszasz. The tourist appeal of city is based on unique architectural ensembles of old Hungarian and Czech buildings.

As most attractive it is possible to consider:

  • Ensemble of buildings of the "Count’s court yard " where thereis the castle of prince Bethlen, stables, granary, carriage storage tank and others.

  • Two castles from XIII - XV centuries.

  • Former casino (nowadays the regional printing house and restaurant " Golden Peacock").

  • The house of former restaurant "Oroszlan" (nowadays Hungarian national theatre named after Djulo Illyes and others.

The above mentioned monuments are mostly situated in the centre of the town. We have appropriate infrastructure - one hotel and lots of cafes and restaurants, sports-centre "Zakarpattye" in which there is a pool with thermal water and other things.
In our opinion the tourist route Beregovo-Muzsijevo-Vari–Chetfalva-Kvaszovo-V. Beregi-Beregovo /closed cycle /  can be optimum.

Places below can be offered to attention of the tourists:

  • Ruins of romano-gothic church in Muzsijevo built in 14th century, or as it is called by people – the castle of Muzsijevo, which was destroyed by Polish feudal lords in 1657. In Muzsijevo there is also a wooden acting bell tower from the XVII-th century. The gold-mine of the village is attractive to the tourists for its old turkish gold-fiels and galleries. By the present days historical and local lore material about these places is sufficiently gathered so at small financial expenses / the roads leading to ruins, buffets and the others/ mentioned places can raise tourists’ interest.

  • The route can be continued by visiting village Varijevo. It worth noting, that Europe has no such patrimony, as Varijevo, or Borzsavahave with their castle built of ground in 7-8 centuries, that are mentioned in legends, annals, historical sketches of Tivadar Lehoczky and history of Hungary. Nowadays it looks like a tumulus. Carrying out some historical excavation searching for ancient archeological materialsas well as the presence of leisure and resting base on 100 places in Finnish houses can raise interests of the tourists. In Varijevo the tourists can also examine an acting church being built in XV-th century constructed in Gothic style.

  • We offer to continue the tourist route lengthways the river Borzsa near a dam to the village called Chetovo. Here is found a reformed church from 1753 and an acting wooden bell tower built in the XVIII-th century.

  • In the village Kvaszovo, the ruins of a typical medieval feudal castle can be seen. A minor road leads to this castle. The written sources name village Kvaszovo at the beginning of the XIII-th century, as royal land tenure during the reign of the king Stephen V., and the given castle was constructed at that time, so now it is a fortress-like monument. The foundation of this castle is similar to that situated in village Szerednyani.

 On the territory of village Kvaszzovo there is also a base of rest belonging to OOO "Ukrpodrest" – "Sewing factory of Beregovo"- joint-stock company, designed for 80 places and a base of rest of the Radio factory. By now they need capital repairs.

A mountain road from village Kovaso leads to village Veliki Beregi, which is famous for unique national masters of weawing. Here still remained wooden houses typical for the valley of Bereg. In this village tourists also can examine the process of manufacturing of   weawing products in the local secondary school. There is also an acting reformed church from the XIII-th century, which was reconstructed in Gothic style in XVI-th century. On its ceiling one can see ancient fresco.
The tourist route can be finished by returning to Beregszasz with the stoppage in village Kidjos for having a meal. In this village you can also visit one of the oldest cult structures of the area an acting reformed church built in the XIII-th century. The walls are ornamented by frescos the composition of which is very similar to the rotond-like church in Horjani.
On the return route from Beregovo in a direction of. Munkach it is possible to have a look at manor of the famous Hungarian actress Sarah Fedak where the managements of the Transcarpathian Reformed church are placed. In suburb Beregszasz-Ardo it is possible to examine a genitive manor of barons Perenyi and a reformed church  from the XI - XV-th century.
The regional state administration, the bodies of local self-government have already defined operating acts on engaging the tourists from abroad, which gives appreciable financial results. So within the framework of village “green” tourism there are developed routes on Vereckij pass, the lake Sinevir, peak Hoverla for the foreigners having a rest in our area. Three settlements (Velika Bakta, Bene, Chetfolva), that we offer in the above mentioned closed route in the current year have brought profit on tourist services of 44 thousand hriveny.
The union of green village tourism was established in our area (Nagy Gy.)
In the given time working out of the tourist guidebook in area iscompleted. We are ready to cooperate with foreign agencies and investors.

Top >>>

kek_lezaro.jpg (1436 bytes)